Saturday, August 26, 2017

Week Box Level

HEYYYOOOO! So this is the first installment of many on the journey of me dipping my feet into the 3-D realm. First task given was to create a simple box level or scene in unreal, as someone who has never touched and engine before, this was incredibly fun to obsess over and gave me a small scope of the power of these programs in a rendering format.

First was the obstacle of nailing scale for the scene down 


After that, I beveled the edges and made it ready for importing into Maya


After that, I set up a cool tile texture with the help of my class mates and Youtube


It was neat to see how you could create repetition inside of an material using Photoshop and grey scale images to create bevels and layers on the overlays! After that I made a cool metallic instance


The result was the creation of this bath house inspired design 





I feel like I learned a ton in this one project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trim Sheet

For this next project I'll be jumping into 2117 to recreate a Catapult from Battle Tech with one trim and and Atlas! So far, I'v...