Monday, January 22, 2018

Object based story telling using assets

So for the final turn in for our first project in Fusion 360 I took the final high poly from last turn in and tweaked it a bit. Growing up, my pops was a big hunter and my first knife was his old buck knife. Being, like 7 or something, I never actually used it for its intent and definitely abused the hell outta it. I think its main purpose was as mold line cleaner for models as well as a nifty screw driver. So using that I thought of a little girl finding her Dad's old knife and maybe givin it the same run around.

Here's the final for the low poly, I was able to keep it under 3000 polys which is what the assignment called for!



I then took the concept of the buck knife and applied it to the Spyder Co. knife that we originally did. I modified the look by taking out the divots on the exposed side of the handle and changed the clip to being a solid shape because I felt that it would fit more with the overall feel.



So I decided to make sure it looked like it had been in and out of pockets/backpacks/adventure pouches. Maybe she used it to dig in the garden, scratch her name in a tree, or even practice throwing it at a stump. I also liked the idea of her scratching her pet name given to her by her father into the brass, kinda a transfer of ownership.



And here's a final shot! I enjoyed working on this small tutorial project, it was nice to help get aback into the swing of things after the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trim Sheet

For this next project I'll be jumping into 2117 to recreate a Catapult from Battle Tech with one trim and and Atlas! So far, I'v...